(Image via weheartit.com)
I am very thankful in that I received The Versatile Blogger Award three times in 2011. I received it from Imagine the Spirit, Phylor’s Blog and Picnic with Ants. Imagine the Spirit actually gave me the award earlier in the year. I was still recovering from my sprained wrist and ankle at the time and not blogging as much. I said I would do the post about receiving the award but life and illness got in the way for much of the year. My apologies to Imagine the Spirit for taking so long. At the end of the year, both Phylor’s Blog and Picnic with Ants also gave me the award.
So, part of the fun of receiving the award, is to list 7 things about me that you may not know and to spread the award love to 5 other bloggers.
7 Things About Me
- I grew up on the prairies and I know the jokes about it being flat with nothing to see. But, there is nothing like driving west to a big, sinking ball of fire and thinking I could drive forever or maybe onto the sun itself.
- I love tea and specifically Chai tea by Stash. It used to be English Breakfast and Earl Grey which I still enjoy but Stash’s Chai is my love.
- I also enjoy Peppermint tea and started drinking it because it helps calm my tummy.
- I don’t watch TV like I used to B.T.I. (before the internet) but I will watch The Big Bang Theory and Criminal Minds.
- I’m not a fan of reality shows. To me, the news is a reality show. I can probably count on my hand the shows that I have watched. I think so many of the shows purposely try to be trashy and find people who will sell their souls for a chance to appear on TV. So many of these “reality stars” come off as self-absorbed people with low self-esteem. I don’t get the appeal but I don’t watch them either.
- That being said…Storage Wars is my guilty pleasure. I know that, production-wise, it has to be staged so that there are always “finds” on each episode. But, I like seeing what is found in the units. Project Runway is also a show I will occasionally watch. Some of the clothes the designers create are beautiful and the people who do this are passionate about designing clothes.
- I don’t have many celebrity crushes. That’s probably because George Clooney has been the one for years and years.
Here is my list of 5 blogs that you may or may not know. These are relatively new blogs that have found me or I have found them somewhere along this journey with chronic illness. And, to the 5 bloggers, please don’t feel that you are obligated to pass along the award. Just know that your blog is enjoyed and I’m happy to let others know about you.
The Fantastic Five