Image via http://www.37days.com/9-13-13/
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Do you love yourself? Have you ever fallen in love with yourself? Or, if being honest, have you thought about falling in love with yourself?
There is the common phrase that to love others we must love ourselves first. But, life is busy for many of us, sometimes overwhelming. And we are putting every one and every thing else first.
It’s time to put yourself first.
Leo Babauta from Zen Habits has written an article about falling in love with yourself where he shares his thoughts in three areas: What is Falling in Love, How to Start and An Ongoing Romance.
He talks in generalized examples about what happens when we fall in love,
- We meet someone interesting.
- We get to know them.
- We appreciate the little things.
- We start to trust.
- We get love from them, and return it.
and he then takes you through each of the actions and talks about how to apply each one to falling in love with yourself.
Kassy Scarcia, a life and career empowerment coach, has an article on Huffington Post where she talks about 7 Ways to Fall in Love With Yourself. Her 7 tips are:
- Make a List of 10 Things You Love About Yourself Everyday
- Take It a Step Further and Read Your List In Front of a Mirror Each Day
- Practice Saying No
- Ask 5 People in Your Life What They Love About You
- Give Yourself an Act of Self-Love Each Day
- Make a Self-Love Vision Board
- Declare Yourself A No Self-Judgment Zone
If you think tip #1 is too hard, refer to my post from last week about saying something positive about yourself which includes a chart of over 150 ways you can wonderfully describe yourself.
I hope these two articles give you some ideas about falling in love with yourself and that you are able to spend this Valentine’s Day how you choose.